"I suddenly realized that wearing them made me feel like crap"

Here's a great email I just got from someone who is reading my book, and she describes her letting go experience:

"I was in the middle of my job, when I looked down at my shoes and suddenly got angry. I realized they were too small because they were about ten years old and well, our feet just get bigger. Also, I bought them during one of the worst periods of my life and I suddenly realized that wearing them made me feel like crap. I was angry because I had been preaching "self-care" to another woman at this job, but I was a victim of my own bad habit of not being kind to myself regarding my wardrobe needs. Of course, as soon as I got home, I dumped the shoes in my give-away bag."

Once we start to become aware of the things in our environment, we begin to notice what no longer fits. It's often a moment, just like hers, that rises up as an intuitive conviction. When we see that it's clutter, we feel compelled to shed it from our life.