Much Ado About Nothing

What a crazy world we live in. Things get sold as the real deal and their effect ripples through the public consciousness. I think we're primed to bark when the press or the world rings that bell.

Last Saturday was supposed to be the end of the world according to a man who said the same thing should have happened back in 1994. I didn't know anything about this until I saw some friends last Wednesday who told me their fears. I said that if the world ended, there would be no one around to feel badly about it. One of my friends didn't think that was funny and said he wasn't ready to die because he still had a lot of things he wanted to do. I joked that I'd done everything I've wanted to do and hadn't a clue of what I'd do for the next three days.

It's exhausting to be constantly pulled on the reactive leash of what the world tells us is important and real. It's worth our time to question these things, and make light of them.