Ill-fitting

A while back I tried dyeing my hair. I was excited because I figured it would make me look younger. That seemed like a desirable thing at the time. But then my hair turned an orangey red. In some ways it was kind of punk. But I don't have the punk look. So mostly it was embarrassing.

Now I have gray and brown hair and I like it.

I used to own some suits. Suits are bizarre things to me because I'm allergic to wool and I hate wearing ties. But I wore both anyway to some jobs long ago. Then I stopped doing those jobs. But the suits hung around for a while. They cost a lot of money, and I was raised thinking a suit was essential. They felt like bullies in my closet.

Now I have no suits, dress shirts or ties. I just own clothes I like to wear.

When I was twenty I learned to meditate. I liked meditating. I even went to a school where the students and faculty meditated. But when I graduated, the joy of meditating fell away. I tried to continue meditation because I thought it would be good for me. But then I'd sit in meditation and feel angry. Now it seems like a funny image. "Ommm-Argggh!" But back then it made me miserable. One of my friends pointed out how it was making me less fun to be with. I took an honest look and I tossed out my mantra.

Now I enjoy moments of peace when they show up naturally on their own.

A lot of clutter busting seems to be noticing when something feels awry. Kind of like being aware that you have a stone in your shoe.

........

FALL SPECIAL: For the weeks of October 1st through the 15th, I'm offering my clutter busting phone sessions for $75 an hour. That's a savings of $10 from the usual rate.

I'll be driving from Chicago to Southern California for the winter. If you live in California, New Mexico, Arizona, Iowa, Nebraska, or Colorado and are interested in setting up a clutter busting session with me while I'm on the road, let me know. Also, I am hoping to do a few clutter busting workshops while I'm on the road; if you would like to set up a clutter busting workshop with me, please let me know. They are informal and are often held in people's living rooms.

Referral Special: If you refer someone for my phone clutter busting service, and they schedule and pay for at least a one hour session, you get a one hour phone clutter bust free.