"What if I need it one day?"

I was standing with my client amidst the stuff in his living room. Things were laying on top of each other in a variety of topsy-turvey piles. He said, "I know it's a lot, but I never know what I might need."

I said that if he truly felt that way, then he'd should probably get one of everything that exists in the world, so he can be ready at a moment's notice.

He laughed.

My client wasn't alone in his way of thinking. Many of my clients have told me that they are afraid to let things go because, "What if I need it one day?" But meanwhile they live in a warehouse.

It's hard to live with so many potential needs. It takes away the focus from our current needs.

My client said, "You know, the problem with trying to have everything I might need, is I can never find it when I need it."

We both laughed.