Comparison Clutter

Recently one of my clients said, "Why can't I get it together and make my place look as orderly as my neighbor's?"
I said we always lose when we compare ourselves to another person. We don't know what's truly going on for them inside and out. A person's home can seem orderly, but the order can actually be nicely stacked clutter. The other person can seem like they have it together emotionally but that could also just be the face they put on for the world to see.

On the other hand, maybe another person in your life does have it all together...or more together than you have it. So what?

The comparison itself is the clutter. It doesn't help you let go of your own clutter. It makes your clutter worse. It's simpler for us when we deal only with what's right in front of us.