Willing to Be Surprised

It can seem like the things in your space are a part of your life. But if you take a deeper look, you'll be surprised to discover that some things are not.

Here's a link to a video of excerpts of a recent Skype clutter busting session where my client discovered that she no longer liked and used many of the items in her kitchen:

Mary Discovers Clutter in Her Kitchen

I've worked with Mary before. She's learned a lot about how to honestly question each thing, matter-of-factly be aware of her reactions, and be open to being surprised. We're usually not encouraged to do this, so it takes some practice. 

I hope this inspires you to take a look at what's in your space and be open to your own surprises. 

(Mary gave her permission to being taped, and for this to be seen by others. When she saw the video, she wrote me, "My husband and I both enjoyed the video. He told me you are better than a psychiatrist for my problem. He said he was skeptical at first, but he has seen good results here since our last sessions. He said next time I fall into a slump to buy another session, that you are worth every penny. That's high praise from him!)